Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Reverse French manicure

Since I'm still in college my nail polish brand choices are usually in the $.96-$6 range. Usually as long as the brand has the color I want and is at a decent price, I'll buy it! I have a very wide variety in my handy nail polish box; from Sally Hansen (all styles), funky fingers,china glaze, rimmel... I could keep going, but I've come to notice the cheaper brands I have don't last as long and usually end up clumpy by the end of a couple months. I'm really interested in the adhesive nail strips, I bought a box of the broadway ones and they didnt even last a shower :(, my next trip to the store I'm probably going to try the sally Hansen salon effects! They come in a variety of patterns but I'm of course in love with the cheetah print ones!

I usually stick (no pun intended!) to painting my nails myself, but I believe that the adhesive ones seem to be a lot quicker (when it comes to drying time I'm really impatient and end up ruining my nails!), and less messy. As soon as I buy a package of the Sally Hansen brand I'll post a picture! For now I'll show you my reverse french manicure, it looks difficult to do but is so simple! All you need is two colors you like and some hole reinforcements cut in half! Seventeen magazine offers a really helpful YouTube video, just type in reverse French manicure!

Here's a picture of the finished product:
The green color I used is by China Glaze, called four leaf clover
The color that looks gold but is actually a pink glitter polish (I think the four leaf clover made it this way) is by finger paints, called hue left a message.

Super simple and super cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment